Friday, March 2, 2012

Yeah, I'm still here...

I guess it's been a little while hasn't it? What's with the long layoff?

A few things have contributed to my silence, I suppose. The Christmas season was pretty busy. (Yes, I said 'Christmas'... sue me!) And I had surgery in late January to repair an inguinal hernia just northwest of my man-parts. That was a hell of a lotta fun. The highlight of my 'recovery period' was when my crank turned blue and swelled up to the size of an elephant's trunk. It's a great adventure when you're not even aroused, and you still feel like you're walking around with an assault helicopter lodged in your pants.

And there are a few issues related to this blog itself that have stalled me, per se.

The biggest issue is that my poor iBook G4 is about to die. A few weeks ago, the message of death came up onscreen, letting me know that 'YOU MUST SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER AND RESTART!' I ran a virus scan on the entire system, and everything came up clean. After some additional trial and error, I determined that the wireless card is shot. So, I went to Best Buy and bought a 6-foot long ethernet cable to plug into the modem.

How 1998 of me...

I'll probably look into a new MacBook Pro this summer, once OSX Mountain Lion is released. I have a friend who always talks down to me and my Mac habit, letting me know how much more expensive Macs are. But he's a damn fool. During the time since I bought this iBook back in 2006, he's burned through three PCs.

I guess you get what you pay for. A fool and his money are easily parted...

Anyways, the iBook still works pretty well for basic web browsing and email, but uploading photos and trying to the format the blog has been a nightmare, of late. Whenever I start writing a new entry, save my work, and preview the entry, Blogger seems to change the font, add seventy-three extra spaces between lines, and move my pictures all around the page.

I'm really not sure why this is. Maybe I'm two or three versions behind on Firefox, but I'm still running OSX Tiger, and I've downloaded to the most recent upgrade that's supported.

Also, I've been contemplating the direction that I want to take the blog.

During the past few months, I've been reading up a lot on nutrition based on plants and whole foods. It's actually quite fascinating to me, and there's quite a bit of information that I'd like to share and expand upon. As for how to do this, I'm a bit torn between overhauling this blog, or starting a new one somewhere else. (Sorry Blogger, but I might experiment with Wordpress, just to see if it's easier to work with.)

Whatever I decide to do, I'll let you know here.

In the meantime, enjoy the rapidly-approaching Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment